Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Content Description Images of the Hawley family (Governor James H. Hawley, 1847-1929). Includes images from Governors' Conferences, the Spanish-American War, and a Boise parade.
Found in: Photographs
Identifier: MS 0337
Summary Papers concerning the activities of Hawley's father James Henry Hawley (1890-1988) as a member of the Borah Memorial Statue Commission; correspondence between father and son (1949) concerning senators Bert H. Miller and Glen H. Taylor; and other material relating to Miller's campaign and senatorial career.
Identifier: MS 0012
Summary Investigative reports and letters from agents of the Thiel Detective Service Company and the Pinkerton's National Detective Agency addressed to Governor Frank R. Gooding and James H. Hawley concerning the assassination of Governor Frank Steunenberg and the activities of Harry Orchard, William D. Haywood, George Pettibone, and Charles H. Moyer. The majority of the reports are from W.S. Swain and James McParland.
Identifier: MS 2/0968
Summary Part of a letter, perhaps an unfinished draft, from Hawley to Charles H. Robb, United States assistant attorney general, describing events leading up to the assassination of ex-governor Frank Steunenberg.
Identifier: MS 0048
Summary Correspondence relating to Hawley's law practice, including letters pertaining to the conspiracy trials of officers of the Western Federation of Miners for crimes associated with the dynamiting of the Bunker Hill and Sullivan concentrator at Wardner, Idaho, in 1899 and for the assassination of Frank Steunenberg in 1905; correspondence and reports relating to mining operations in which the Hawley family held an interest.
- Names: Hawley, James H., 1847-1929 X
- Manuscripts 4
- Photographs 1
- Steunenberg, Frank, 1861-1905-Assassination. 3
- Bunker Hill and Sullivan Mining and Concentrating Company. 1
- Gooding, Frank R. (Frank Robert), 1859-1928. 1
- Governors-Idaho-History-Sources. 1
- Haywood, Big Bill, 1869-1928-Trials, litigation, etc. 1
- Haywood, Big Bill, 1869-1928. 1
- Horsley, Albert E., 1866-1954. 1
- Idaho-Politics and government-History-Sources. 1
- Idaho-Politics and government. 1
- Idaho. Governor (1905-1908 : Gooding) 1
- Lawyers-Idaho-Boise-Records and correspondence. 1
- McParland, James. 1
- Mines and mineral resources-Idaho-History-Sources. 1
- Moyer, Charles H. defendant. 1
- Moyer, Charles H.-Trials, litigation, etc. 1
- Pettibone, George A.-Trials, litigation, etc. 1
- Robb, Charles H. 1
- Spanish-American War, 1898. 1
- Swain, W. S. 1
- Western Federation of Miners-History-Sources. 1 ∧ less