Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Identifier: MS 2/0049
Summary Correspondence concerning Bruneau John and his son Jimmie Caskey; and accounts of John's activities in the Bruneau, Idaho, area with the Bannock Indians in 1878, written by Sallie John Washington and Mrs. Jefferson M. Waterhouse.
Dates: 1925 - 1927
Identifier: MS 0339
Summary Dockets for cases before the Indian Claims Commission involving petitions by the Northern Paiute Nation and bands thereof for lands on the Mono and Paviotso tracts, Nevada and California (1965); the Shoshoni Tribe of Indians of the Wind River Reservation, Wyoming, et al, for determination of control of Shoshoni lands in Wyoming, Nevada, Idaho, California, and Utah (1962); and the Paiutes of western Nevada for compensation on claims in the Paviotso tract (1959).
Dates: 1959 - 1965
Identifier: MS 2/0209
Summary Newspaper clippings; summaries of legislation; correspondence with the superintendent of the U.S. Bureau of Indian Affairs, Frell M. Owl; programs from celebrations and conferences; and articles by Lovell; all concerning American Indians.
Dates: 1952 - 1958
Identifier: MS 0602
Summary Collection of 133 letters from Marian Detwiler, wife of Indian Field Service worker Phil Detwiler, to her family in Washington, D.C. between October 1928 and July 1932. The majority of her letters are from Fort Hall, Idaho and describe her experiences and travels through the area, interaction with the Shoshone and Bannock Indians, and her duties as a hostess for various Field Service visitors. Approximately one third of the letters are from Pine Ridge, South Dakota and the Crow...
Dates: 1928 - 1932
Identifier: MS 2/0338
Summary General information about Indian massacre sites; letters regarding the location and events of a massacre in Southern Idaho, and a short history of the Birch Creek Massacre by Alex Cruikshank.
Dates: 1925 - 1957
Identifier: MS 2/0279
Summary An account of the Elijah Otter massacre, Sept. 1860.
Identifier: MS 2/0499
Summary An account of the Miltimore Massacre of Aug. 31, 1859, given as part of a claim by the Miltimore estate against the United States government and the Bannock Indians. THe massacre occurred in what is now Idaho.
Identifier: MS 2/1404
Summary Collection consists of one fishing permit issued to Ronald E. Bush by the Shoshone-Bannock Fish and Game Department. The permit is dated 4/5/1996.
Identifier: MS 0106
Summary Correspondence (1889-1906); diaries (1875, 1877); autobiography (1888); scrapbook and newspaper clippings (1892-1915); also includes photographs; journals; notebooks; and manuscript, "Trail of a Gold Seeker, 1863."
Dates: 1875 - 1915
- Subject: Bannock Indians-History X
- Bannock Indians-History. 5
- Bannock Indians-History-Sources. 4
- Shoshoni Indians-History. 4
- Shoshoni Indians-History-Sources. 3
- Bruneau Region (Idaho)-History. 1
- Fish and game licenses-Idaho. 1
- Fort Hall Indian Reservation (Idaho)-History-Sources. 1
- Idaho-Description and travel-History-Sources. 1
- Indians of North America-Claims-West (U.S.) 1
- Indians of North America-Government relations-History-Sources. 1
- Indians of North America-History. 1
- Indians of North America-Idaho-History-Sources. 1
- Indians of North America-Rites and ceremonies. 1
- Indians of North America-South Dakota-History-Sources. 1
- Massacres-Idaho-Birch Creek. 1
- Massacres-Idaho-History-19th century-Sources. 1
- Massacres-Idaho-History-19th century. 1
- Massacres-Idaho-History. 1
- Massacres-Oregon Trail. 1
- Miltimore Massacre (Idaho), 1859. 1
- Nez Percé Indian Reservation (Idaho)-History-Sources. 1
- Nez Percé Indians-History. 1
- Nez Percé Indians-Wars, 1877. 1
- Paiute Indians-History-Sources. 1
- South Dakota-Description and travel-History-Sources. 1 ∧ less
- "Bruneau John", ca.1850-1898 1
- Chaskey, Jimmie, [?]-1928 1