Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 13
Identifier: MS 0029
Summary General correspondence (1959-1964); project files (1958-1959). Includes material on the "Nez Perce Gold Case" and correspondence, minutes, and other records relating to the Idaho State Board of Engineers (1947-1962).
Dates: 1947 - 1964
Identifier: MS 2/0654
Summary Letters and photographs concerning Fort Lapwai, Idaho, and the Nez Perce Indians; also a letter (1984) from John Williams giving a biography of his father, Charles Williams. Includes photographic negatives.
Dates: 1937 - 1984
Identifier: MS 0437
Summary Drafts of two works by Clifford M. Drury."A Concise History of the Whitman-Spalding Mission" and "Chief Lawyer of the Nez Perce Indians, 1896-1876"; correspondence, transcriptions and research notes on Marcus Whitman, Henry Harmon Spalding, Rev. Samuel Parker, the fur trade of the Pacific Northwest, and the Nez Perce Indians; clippings and reviews relating to Drury's work.
Dates: 1938 - 1978
Identifier: MS 0674
Summary These papers contain original, typescript, and copies of letters written by E. Jane Gay during her residence on the Nez Perce Indian Reservation in Idaho, 1889-1892. Also included are notes and marginal notes. The recipients of the correspondence are not specifically identified but research indicates the original letters were sent to family and friends in Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, and Washington, D.C. The collection represents the working copy of a manuscript entitled "Choup-nit-ki."
Dates: 1889 - 1892
Identifier: MS 0479
Summary Correspondence, predominately from Fitzgerald to her mother, written in Lapwai or Boise, Idaho, and other locations in the Western United States.
Dates: 1871 - 1878
Identifier: MS 2/0176
Summary Programs from a Presbyterian church camp held annually for the Nez Perce Indians at Talmaks, Vollmer, and Craigmont, Idaho. Also contains newspaper clippings and articles about the Nez Perce Indians and a photograph album of the Talmaks meeting, including a photo of Henry Spalding's cabin.
Dates: 1913 - 1950
Scope and Contents Photo album contains photos of Presbyterian church camp held annually for the Nez Perce Indians at Talmaks including a photo of Henry Spalding's cabin. Seven loose photos.
Dates: 1910 - 1935
Found in: Photographs
Identifier: MS 0238
Summary Manuscript drafts, proofs, and photographs used for Gulick's book, Chief Joseph Country.
Dates: 1980 - 1981
Identifier: MS 2/0209
Summary Newspaper clippings; summaries of legislation; correspondence with the superintendent of the U.S. Bureau of Indian Affairs, Frell M. Owl; programs from celebrations and conferences; and articles by Lovell; all concerning American Indians.
Dates: 1952 - 1958
- Subject: Nez Percé Indians-History X
- Manuscripts 12
- Photographs 1
- Nez Percé Indians-History. 7
- Nez Percé Indians-History-Sources. 6
- Presbyterian church buildings-Idaho. 2
- Talmaks Church Camp Meeting Ground (Lewis County, Idaho) 2
- Bannock Indians-History. 1
- Boise (Idaho)-History-Sources. 1
- Chief Joseph Country. 1
- Church camps-Idaho-Craigmont. 1
- Church camps-Idaho-Vollmer. 1
- Fort Lapwai-History-Sources. 1
- Fort Lapwai-Photographs. 1
- Frontier and pioneer life-Idaho. 1
- Fur trade-Northwest, Pacific-History. 1
- Gold mines and mining-Idaho-History-Sources. 1
- Historians-Idaho-Records and correspondence. 1
- Idaho Territorial Centennial Commission. 1
- Idaho-History. 1
- Idaho. Board of Engineers. 1
- Idaho. Children's Commission. 1
- Indians of North America-History. 1
- Lapwai (Idaho)-History-Sources. 1
- Missionaries-Northwest, Pacific-History. 1
- Nez Percé Indian Reservation (Idaho) 1
- Nez Percé Indians-Claims. 1
- Nez Percé Indians-Government relations-History. 1
- Nez Percé Indians-Photographs. 1
- Shoshoni Indians-History. 1
- Spalding (Idaho)-History-Sources. 1
- Williams, Charles-Biography. 1
- Women-Idaho-History-Sources. 1
- Women-Idaho. 1 ∧ less
- Gay, E. Jane, 1830-1919 1
- Shoup, George Laird, 1836-1904 1