Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Identifier: MS 0029
Summary General correspondence (1959-1964); project files (1958-1959). Includes material on the "Nez Perce Gold Case" and correspondence, minutes, and other records relating to the Idaho State Board of Engineers (1947-1962).
Dates: 1947 - 1964
Identifier: MS 2/0654
Summary Letters and photographs concerning Fort Lapwai, Idaho, and the Nez Perce Indians; also a letter (1984) from John Williams giving a biography of his father, Charles Williams. Includes photographic negatives.
Dates: 1937 - 1984
Identifier: MS 0674
Summary These papers contain original, typescript, and copies of letters written by E. Jane Gay during her residence on the Nez Perce Indian Reservation in Idaho, 1889-1892. Also included are notes and marginal notes. The recipients of the correspondence are not specifically identified but research indicates the original letters were sent to family and friends in Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, and Washington, D.C. The collection represents the working copy of a manuscript entitled "Choup-nit-ki."
Dates: 1889 - 1892
Identifier: MS 0479
Summary Correspondence, predominately from Fitzgerald to her mother, written in Lapwai or Boise, Idaho, and other locations in the Western United States.
Dates: 1871 - 1878
Identifier: MS 2/0495
Summary Miscellaneous items, including correspondence from J.A. Harrington and George F. Brimlaw, and typed transcriptions of telegrams and letters to George L. Shoup and others, regarding Nez Percé Indians.
Dates: 1929 - 1944
Identifier: MS 2/0244
Summary Letters between William Johnston, editor of the Lewiston Morning Tribune and W.D. Eberle, Boise, Idaho. Topics include appropriations for the Children's Commission and the Territorial Centennial Commission, and Spalding, Idaho, as an economic and social center for the Nez Perce.
Dates: 1957 - 1965
- Subject: Nez Percé Indians-History-Sources X
- Boise (Idaho)-History-Sources. 1
- Fort Lapwai-History-Sources. 1
- Fort Lapwai-Photographs. 1
- Frontier and pioneer life-Idaho. 1
- Gold mines and mining-Idaho-History-Sources. 1
- Idaho Territorial Centennial Commission. 1
- Idaho. Board of Engineers. 1
- Idaho. Children's Commission. 1
- Lapwai (Idaho)-History-Sources. 1
- Nez Percé Indian Reservation (Idaho) 1
- Nez Percé Indians-Photographs. 1
- Spalding (Idaho)-History-Sources. 1
- Williams, Charles-Biography. 1
- Women-Idaho-History-Sources. 1
- Women-Idaho. 1 ∧ less
- Gay, E. Jane, 1830-1919 1
- Shoup, George Laird, 1836-1904 1