Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Identifier: MS 2/0286
Summary Property tax receipts for Swalley's ranch north of the Boise River, Ada County, Idaho (1865-1896); and commission as second lieutenant, Idaho territorial militia, 1st regiment, 1st brigade, Idaho Volunteers (1877).
Identifier: MS 0042
Summary Correspondence, business records, and Idaho Militia records. Including Civil War letters by and to Shearer while in a Union prisoner of war camp at Fort Delaware, Maryland, reports of battles in the Nez Perce War, 1877, and the Sheepeater War, 1878-1879.
Dates: 1864 - 1890
Identifier: MS 2/0385
Summary Research notes and photographs pertaining to Marion Perry Maus, lieutenant in command of scouts the Nez Perce campaign in 1877, and Lewis Mervin Maus, colonel in the U. S. Army Medical Corps during the Indian wars and the Spanish-American War.
Identifier: MS 2/0347
Summary Transcribed notes by Luther Perry Wilmot (1839-1923), U.S. Army scout and lieutenant in the Idaho Volunteers during the Nez Perce War. Topics include the Raines tragedy and Battle of the Clearwater, 1877. Also in the collection is a reproduction of a plaque commemorating the Chief Joseph band of Nez Perce, and instructions for its erection.
Identifier: MS 2/0779
Summary Accounts of the Nez Perce War, including pieces on Chief Joseph, White Bird, The Rains massacre, and Misery Hill.
Identifier: MS 2/0338
Summary General information about Indian massacre sites; letters regarding the location and events of a massacre in Southern Idaho, and a short history of the Birch Creek Massacre by Alex Cruikshank.
Dates: 1925 - 1957
Identifier: MS 0161
Summary Correspondence, offical reports and special orders relating to Major Lugenbeel's military career which included service during the war with Mexico, establishment of Fort Boise, Idaho, in 1863 and duty as commandant at Fort Wayne, Indiana. Also copies of letters and reports, and newspaper clippings on Lugenbeel, collected by Norman B. Adkison.
Dates: 1844 - 1957
Identifier: MS 2/0107
Summary Correspondence and financial and legal documents. Personal letters from Johnston to family members describing daily life in Idaho Territory; Ada County tax receipts; discharge papers from Idaho Volunteers following service in Nez Perce War; Johnston's personal account book; and a typed biographical sketch of Johnston (which uses the name T.T. Johnson). Photographs are also present.
- Subject: Nez Percé Indians-Wars, 1877 X
- Taxation-Idaho-Ada County-History-Sources. 2
- Agriculture-Idaho-Ada County-History-Sources. 1
- Bannock Indians-History. 1
- Bannock Indians-Wars, 1878. 1
- Fort Boise (Idaho)-History. 1
- Fort Wayne (Ind.)-History-Sources. 1
- Frontier and pioneer life-Idaho-Ada County. 1
- Idaho County (Idaho)-History-Sources. 1
- Idaho. Army National Guard. 1st Regt. 1
- Idaho. Militia.-History-Sources. 1
- Indians of North America-Wars-1815-1875. 1
- Indians of North America-Wars-1866-1895. 1
- Massacres-Idaho-Birch Creek. 1
- Massacres-Idaho-History. 1
- Massacres-Idaho-Whitebird. 1
- Maus, Marion Perry, 1850-1930. 1
- Shoshoni Indians-History. 1
- Spanish-American War, 1898-Medical care. 1
- United States-History-Civil War, 1861-1865-Prisoners and prisons. 1
- United States. Army Medical Dept.-History. 1 ∧ less