Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 18
Identifier: MS 2/0532
Summary Story of the overland journey of the Philips family from Kansas to Washington in 1883.
Identifier: MS 2/1465
Summary Collection consists of a 35 page study guide about the Oregon Trail for grade five students. Prepared for Boise Public Schools.
Identifier: MS 2/1410
Summary Collection consists of a program (4 copies), text of remarks prepared by State Historian Larry Jones (3 leaves), and list of slides taken by Larry Jones at the rededication of Bonneville Point, east of Boise, Idaho, on 24 May 2000.
Identifier: MS 2/0226
Summary A record of an Oregon Trail journey from Morgan County, Ohio to Jefferson County, Oregon (1843‐1844), rewritten & edited by author in 1867. Entries on Idaho begin on October 1, 1844. Includes original and photocopy.
Dates: 1843 - 1867
Identifier: MS 2/0239
Summary Correspondence and reminiscences relating to the 1862 massacre near the present American Falls, Idaho; authors include Alvin Zaring, John C. Hilman and H.C. Ellis.
Dates: 1862 - 1932
Identifier: MS 0774
Dates: 1641 - 2006
Identifier: MS 2/0197
Summary Speech delivered by Meeker on the site of Fort Hall, Bannock County, Idaho.
Identifier: MS 2/0802
Summary Typescript of the 1862 journey from Iowa to Oregon, taken from the diary of Scott. Includes an account of the Massacre Rocks Massacre; notes by Alvin Zaring, a traveler in the same wagon trail, and information on Ezra Zaring, his son.
Identifier: MS 2/0847
Summary Two small notebooks. The first, "A Journal From the River Platt to California Keep by James Oliverson," covers one month of a wagon trip, but gives no year. The second notebook, "Diary of James Oliverson," covers the period 1880-1882. Collection includes the originals, transcripts, and photocopies.
- Subject: Oregon Trail X
- Manuscripts 17
- Photographs 1
- Oregon Trail. 13
- Frontier and pioneer life-Idaho. 4
- Massacres-Idaho-History-19th century. 3
- Fort Hall (Idaho)-History. 2
- Massacre Rocks (Idaho) 2
- Massacres-Oregon Trail. 2
- Oregon Trail-Conservation and restoration. 2
- Women-Idaho. 2
- Bannock Indians-History. 1
- Emmett (Idaho)-Photographs. 1
- Franklin (Idaho)-History. 1
- Frontier and pioneer life-Idaho-Sources. 1
- Frontier and pioneer life-Oregon. 1
- Historic trails-Idaho-Conservation and restoration. 1
- Independent Order of Odd Fellows. Weiser (Idaho) 1
- Old Oregon Trail Association (Oregon) 1
- Oregon Trail Memorial Bridge (Boise) 1
- Overland journeys to the Pacific. 1
- Shoshoni Indians-History. 1
- Weiser (Idaho)-Biography. 1
- West (U.S.)-Description and travel. 1 ∧ less
- Kyes, H.E. 1