Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Identifier: MS 0332
Summary A scrapbook and newspaper clippings relating to the assasination of Governor Frank Steunenberg in 1905 and the trial of those involved in the murder.
Dates: 1905 - 1907
Identifier: MS 0062
Summary Correspondence, petitions, and resolutions concerning the release on bail of William D. Haywood, Charles H. Moyer, and George Pettibone, charged with conspiracy in the assassination of Idaho ex-governer Frank Steunenberg.
Identifier: MS 0500
Summary Copies of letters to Frank Steunenberg as governor of Idaho, and newspaper articles concerning his assassination. Also included is Coeur d'Alene Insurrection (4 vols.), concerning the Coeur d'Alene mining troubles.
Dates: 1897 - 1983
Identifier: MS 0012
Summary Investigative reports and letters from agents of the Thiel Detective Service Company and the Pinkerton's National Detective Agency addressed to Governor Frank R. Gooding and James H. Hawley concerning the assassination of Governor Frank Steunenberg and the activities of Harry Orchard, William D. Haywood, George Pettibone, and Charles H. Moyer. The majority of the reports are from W.S. Swain and James McParland.
Dates: 1906 - 1907
Identifier: MS 2/0968
Summary Part of a letter, perhaps an unfinished draft, from Hawley to Charles H. Robb, United States assistant attorney general, describing events leading up to the assassination of ex-governor Frank Steunenberg.
Identifier: MS 0048
Summary Correspondence relating to Hawley's law practice, including letters pertaining to the conspiracy trials of officers of the Western Federation of Miners for crimes associated with the dynamiting of the Bunker Hill and Sullivan concentrator at Wardner, Idaho, in 1899 and for the assassination of Frank Steunenberg in 1905; correspondence and reports relating to mining operations in which the Hawley family held an interest.
Dates: 1887 - 1945
Identifier: MS 2/0848
Summary History of the 1907 trial of Bill Haywood for the assassination of ex-Governor Steunenberg of Idaho. Typed manuscript, approximately 100 pages. Includes a brief bibliography of books, newspaper articles and manuscript sources.
Identifier: MS 2/1276
Summary Orchard (real name Albert Horsley) was convicted of the murder of former Governor Frank Steunenberg.
- Subject: Steunenberg, Frank, 1861-1905-Assassination X
- Haywood, Big Bill, 1869-1928-Trials, litigation, etc. 4
- Pettibone, George A.-Trials, litigation, etc. 3
- Idaho-Politics and government-History-Sources. 2
- Moyer, Charles H.-Trials, litigation, etc. 2
- Bunker Hill and Sullivan Mining and Concentrating Company. 1
- Coeur d'Alene Strike, 1899. 1
- Coeur d'Alene insurrection. 1
- Gooding, Frank R. (Frank Robert), 1859-1928. 1
- Haywood, Big Bill, 1869-1928. 1
- Horsley, Albert E., 1866-1954-Trials, litigation, etc. 1
- Horsley, Albert E., 1866-1954. 1
- Idaho State Penitentiary-History-Sources. 1
- Idaho. Governor (1905-1908 : Gooding) 1
- Lawyers-Idaho-Boise-Records and correspondence. 1
- McParland, James. 1
- Mines and mineral resources-Idaho-History-Sources. 1
- Moyer, Charles H. defendant. 1
- Robb, Charles H. 1
- Strikes and lockouts-Miners-Idaho-Coeur d'Alene Region. 1
- Swain, W. S. 1
- Western Federation of Miners-History-Sources. 1 ∧ less
- Hawley, James H., 1847-1929 3
- Underwood, Russell D., 1897-1979 1