Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Identifier: MS 0369
Summary The collection consists of manuscripts of western history and newspaper articles written by Bird; copies of writings and poetry by other authors (Agnes Just Reid, Pearl Kirk, Della Adams Leitner, Edna Marie Meffan, Ogal Alla, Ethel Hopper, Stephen Mikesell); printed material, photographs, prints and postcards. Teaching notes and other materials for use in her Idaho and Pacific Northwest history courses are included in the collection. Bird's active teaching and writing career and her...
Dates: 1929 - 1972
Identifier: MS 0347
Summary An annotated publication containing articles by Earl Wayland Bowman (1875-1952); issues (1916-1918) of The Golden Trail, a Boise, Idaho, magazine edited by Bowman; newspaper clippings (1916) concerning the Second Idaho Infantry in Nogales, Arizona, written by Bowman as a correspondent for the Capitol News, Boise; an annotated senate journal (1915-1916), from Bowman's term as Adams County senator; and unpublished manuscripts, reviews and poetry.
Dates: 1900 - 1923
Identifier: MS 2/1001
Summary Letter from Knight to the Idaho State Historial Society describing her father, Earl Wayland Bowman, and his books and writing career. Also included are numerous philosophical quotes of Bowman.
Dates: [193-] - 1971
Identifier: MS 0103
Summary Galley proofs of manuscript for "The Stallion King" (1960) a revised and shortened version of Balch's "Wild Horse" (1948).
Identifier: MS 0555
Summary Published (small presses) and unpublished creative writing, almost exclusively poems, by Idaho writers.
Dates: 1863 - 1987
Identifier: MS 0760
Summary Three manuscripts from author and historian Julia Conway Welch. "Growing Up with Ghosts: Memories of Silver City, Idaho" (published 1984), "Coming of Age in Jail", and "Gold Town to Ghost Town: The Story of Silver City, Idaho" (published 1982).
Identifier: MS 0030
Summary Bibliographic citations to works about Idaho or by Idahoans, with biographical information on Idaho writers.
Identifier: MS 0688
Summary This collection contains coipes of writings by R. D. Underwood. Included are an autobiography, report of the Haywood trial and several short pieces.
Dates: 1968 - 1970
- Subject: Authors, American-Idaho X
- Authors, American-Idaho. 6
- Authors, American-Idaho-Biography. 2
- Poetry-Idaho. 2
- Abstracts of title-Idaho. 1
- American literature-Idaho-Bibliography. 1
- Authors, American-Idaho-Bibliography. 1
- Authors, American-Idaho-Records and correspondence. 1
- Capitol news. 1
- Haywood, Big Bill, 1869-1928-Trials, litigation, etc. 1
- Historians-Idaho-Records and correspondence. 1
- Idaho Free Press. 1
- Idaho Observer. 1
- Idaho-Politics and government-History-Sources. 1
- Idaho. Army National Guard. 2nd Idaho Infantry. 1
- Legislators-Idaho-Records and correspondence. 1
- Nampa (Idaho)-History-Sources. 1
- Silver City (Idaho)-History-Sources. 1
- United States. Army-History-Punitive Expedition into Mexico, 1916. 1 ∧ less
- Underwood, Russell D., 1897-1979 1