Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 11
Identifier: MS 0332
Summary A scrapbook and newspaper clippings relating to the assasination of Governor Frank Steunenberg in 1905 and the trial of those involved in the murder.
Dates: 1905 - 1907
Identifier: MS 0355
Summary Idaho territorial warrants (1866-1889); Boise and Idaho County warrants (1871-1886); Idaho territorial coupons; mining stock certificates, miscellaneous receipts and business cards; eleven books in Swedish language; advertising flyers and copies of Nelson's poetry; and memorabilia. Also includes "The Cost to the State of Idaho of the Haywood Trial" and "Haywood Trial, Closing Argument of W.E. Borah."
Dates: 1866 - 1916
Identifier: MS 0152
Summary Correspondence, clippings, case files, notes, and memorabilia concerning Koelsh's career as lawyer, judge, and legislator. Includes a speech introducing William E. Borah, notes and materials for Idaho vs. Haywood, and drafts and final copy of a review of the Haywood case written for the Idaho Mining Association in 1946.
Dates: 1894 - 1962
Identifier: MS 0062
Summary Correspondence, petitions, and resolutions concerning the release on bail of William D. Haywood, Charles H. Moyer, and George Pettibone, charged with conspiracy in the assassination of Idaho ex-governer Frank Steunenberg.
Content Description Prints of the Haywood Jurors from the 1907 Haywood Trial, Arrowrock Dam by Walter Lubken, Idaho Legislature in Territorial Capitol and Idaho Legislature on Capitol steps. No dates are provided.
Dates: Existence: 1900
Found in: Photographs
Identifier: MS 0048
Summary Correspondence relating to Hawley's law practice, including letters pertaining to the conspiracy trials of officers of the Western Federation of Miners for crimes associated with the dynamiting of the Bunker Hill and Sullivan concentrator at Wardner, Idaho, in 1899 and for the assassination of Frank Steunenberg in 1905; correspondence and reports relating to mining operations in which the Hawley family held an interest.
Dates: 1887 - 1945
Identifier: MS 0046
Summary Correspondence and papers of Margaret Cobb Ailshie (1886-1959) and of Fanny Cobb, Lyon Cobb, and Calvin Cobb; also correspondence relating to the Lyon Company, Chicago, Illinois (1895-1929); letters from W.E. Borah; photographs of Boise, of Idaho, and of family members in Chicago; scrapbook related to the Cobb family and to the Haywood trial; partial copy of an intermediate version of Harry Orchard's autobiography (1907); joke edition of the Idaho Statesman (Boise) about Eva Hunt Dockery (1929).
Dates: 1872 - 1959
Content Description Photographs, albums, and one scrapbook from Margaret Cobb Ailshie (1886-1959), publisher of the Idaho Statesman.
Dates: 1880 - 1960
Found in: Photographs
Identifier: MS 0688
Summary This collection contains coipes of writings by R. D. Underwood. Included are an autobiography, report of the Haywood trial and several short pieces.
Dates: 1968 - 1970
Identifier: MS 0014
Summary Correspondence and financial records relating to Johnson's law practice in Boise and Silver City, Idaho, and to his term as attorney general of Idaho; scrapbooks concerning U.S. politics and the Civil War (1859-1862), Johnson's law practice and addresses (1862-1898), and the trial of William D. Haywood (1907); ledgers from the firm of Davenport and Johnson, Ruby City, Idaho Territory (1864-1866, 1865-1867).
Dates: 1870 - 1955
- Subject: Haywood, Big Bill, 1869-1928-Trials, litigation, etc X
- Manuscripts 9
- Photographs 2
- Steunenberg, Frank, 1861-1905-Assassination. 4
- Idaho-Politics and government-History-Sources. 3
- Lawyers-Idaho-Boise-Records and correspondence. 3
- Pettibone, George A.-Trials, litigation, etc. 3
- Moyer, Charles H.-Trials, litigation, etc. 2
- Arrowrock Dam. 1
- Authors, American-Idaho. 1
- Boise (Idaho) 1
- Boise (Idaho)-History-Sources. 1
- Bunker Hill and Sullivan Mining and Concentrating Company. 1
- Horsley, Albert E., 1866-1954-Trials, litigation, etc. 1
- Idaho. Attorney General (1887-1890 : Johnson) 1
- Idaho. Legislature.-History. 1
- Journalists-Idaho-Boise-Records and correspondence. 1
- Lawyers-Idaho-Silver City-Records and correspondence. 1
- Legislators-Idaho-Records and correspondence. 1
- Lyon Company. 1
- Mines and mineral resources-Idaho-History-Sources. 1
- Mining corporations-Idaho. 1
- Payette River Region (Idaho) 1
- Poetry-Idaho. 1
- Statesmen-Idaho. 1
- Trials-Idaho-History-Sources. 1
- United States-History-Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- United States-Politics and government-1865-1933. 1
- Western Federation of Miners-History-Sources. 1
- Whitebird (Idaho)-Photographs. 1 ∧ less
- Cobb (Ailshie), Margaret, 1883-1959 2
- Underwood, Russell D., 1897-1979 2
- Borah, William Edgar, 1865-1940 1
- Dockery, Eva Hunt, 1870-1937 1
- Hawley, James H., 1847-1929 1