Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 17
Identifier: MS 0077
Summary Correspondence concerning National Recovery Administration activities in Idaho; letters from James P. Pope; paper regarding the Boise Library Board, of which Eaton was a member; articles concerned with national politics in the 1940s, and miscellaneous photographs and personal papers.
Dates: 1915 - 1973
Identifier: MS 0442
Summary Collection includes both legal files and personal papers. The original acquisition of 7 ft. included legal files from Oppenheim's practice, 1937-1945; accounts from his law partnerships with Shadrach L. Hodgin, 1913-1927 and Jacob M. Lampert, 1920-1937; and other miscellaneous materials. The original acquisition is unprocessed. In 2003, 1.25 cu. ft. of additional materials related by Mr. Oppenheim and his family were donated by a granddaughter, Jane Miller Jacobsen. A preliminary inventory of...
Dates: 1914 - 1970
Identifier: MS 0152
Summary Correspondence, clippings, case files, notes, and memorabilia concerning Koelsh's career as lawyer, judge, and legislator. Includes a speech introducing William E. Borah, notes and materials for Idaho vs. Haywood, and drafts and final copy of a review of the Haywood case written for the Idaho Mining Association in 1946.
Dates: 1894 - 1962
Identifier: MS 0009
Summary Includes two college notebooks dealing with property law (1901-1902); notes, pamphlets, financial papers and day books (1905-1909); correspondence including letters from W.E. Borah, D. Worth Clark, and C.C. Cavanah; legal papers (1909-1911) relating to Boise Cold Storage vs. O.S.R.R. Co., Boise City vs. Ada County (regarding road poll tax), and a grand jury investigation of the meat trust.
Dates: 1892 - 1912
Identifier: MS 0143
Summary Miscellaneous legal papers including the Idaho Construction and Building Company's articles of incorporation; indentures and agreements; Supreme Court briefs and transcripts of appeal; two scrapbooks (1940s) concerning the controversy over liquor sales.
Dates: 1899 - 1959
Identifier: MS 0088
Summary Correspondence, legal documents, and subject files. Correspondence with William E. Borah and D.W. Davis about a government pardon for Harry Orchard; minutes of the Associated Distributing Company (Boise, Idaho); motion for pardon of Paul Corcoran and miscellaneous records relating to More's Creek placer claims (Boise County), The Boise Valley Canal Company, the New York Irrigation District, the Mountain Home Cooperative Irrigation Company, stock certificates of the Goodman Oil Company (Boise),...
Dates: 1875 - 1936
Identifier: MS 0319
Summary Political and personal papers (1930-1933); opinions of the Attorney General (1930-1932); and legal case files relating to the First National Bank of Caldwell; the Western Gold Corporation, Boise; the Rocky Bar Mining and Milling Company; and many other mining companies.
Dates: 1930 - 1939
Identifier: MS 0317
Summary Case files from Budge's law office in the Idaho building, Boise, Idaho.
Identifier: MS 0015
Summary Printed booklets of briefs, complaints and appeals in the Idaho Supreme Court (1894-1953); personal and legal papers (1915-1955), including transcripts of the Idaho vs. Village of Garden City (in regard to gambling), and the beer tax legislative fight of the 1950s; papers and correspondence dealing with the termperance movement including scrapbook, flyers, and campaign material regarding Kessler's attempt to gain the 1932 Democatic nomination as candidate to the U. S. Senate. Also includes...
Dates: 1894 - 1955
Identifier: MS 0039
Summary Correspondence, legal briefs, and miscellaneous records relating to Johnson's work on the Idaho State Council of Defense, and newspaper clippings regarding Idaho territorial history, prominent Idahoans, and Idaho politics.
Dates: 1869 - 1947
- Subject: Lawyers-Idaho-Boise-Records and correspondence X
- Idaho-Politics and government-History-Sources. 9
- Boise (Idaho)-History-Sources. 4
- Haywood, Big Bill, 1869-1928-Trials, litigation, etc. 3
- Trials-Idaho-History-Sources. 2
- United States-Politics and government-1865-1933. 2
- Ada County (Idaho)-History-Sources. 1
- Banks and banking-Idaho-Caldwell-History-Sources. 1
- Boise (Idaho)-Commerce-History-Sources. 1
- Boise Public Library-History-Sources. 1
- Bunker Hill and Sullivan Mining and Concentrating Company. 1
- Caldwell (Idaho)-History-Sources. 1
- Democratic Party (Idaho)-History-Sources. 1
- Elections-Idaho-1932. 1
- Garden City (Idaho)-History-Sources. 1
- Idaho-Biography-Sources. 1
- Idaho. Attorney General (1887-1890 : Johnson) 1
- Idaho. Industrial Accident Board. 1
- Idaho. State Council of Defense. 1
- Irrigation districts-Idaho-Mountain Home-History-Sources. 1
- Lawyers-Idaho-Silver City-Records and correspondence. 1
- Legislators-Idaho-Records and correspondence. 1
- Libel and slander-Idaho-History-Sources. 1
- Liquor laws-Idaho-History-Sources. 1
- Mines and mineral resources-Idaho-History-Sources. 1
- Mines and mineral resources-Idaho-More's Creek. 1
- Moyer, Charles H.-Trials, litigation, etc. 1
- Pettibone, George A.-Trials, litigation, etc. 1
- Republican State Central Committee (Boise, Idaho) 1
- Steunenberg, Frank, 1861-1905-Assassination. 1
- Taxation-Idaho-History-Sources. 1
- Temperance-Idaho-History-Sources. 1
- United States-History-Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- United States-Politics and government-1933-1945. 1
- United States. National Recovery Administration. Idaho. 1
- Western Federation of Miners-History-Sources. 1 ∧ less
- Borah, William Edgar, 1865-1940 1
- Hawley, James H., 1847-1929 1
- Johnson, Henry Zacharius, 1865-1952 1